On-Site CBRA Seminar
Certified Business Resilience Auditor On-Site Seminar
This 2-day Business Continuity Audit seminar will equip you to assess your company’s ability to maintain continuity in the event of a business disruption. It provides 2 days of intensive, Business Continuity Audit training to enable you to determine the effectiveness, adequacy, quality and reliability of your organization’s Business Continuity Program. You will learn an audit methodology to evaluate compliance of Business Continuity and IT Disaster Recovery Programs with current industry' best practice and standards including:
- ISO 22301:2012 Business Continuity Management Systems - Requirements
- NFPA 1600: Standard on Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity Programs
- ITIL v3: Information Technology Infrastructure Library
BRCCI’-on-site training courses are provided in-house at your facilities. These courses are the perfect solution whether you are just getting started or would like to enhance or increase your staff’s knowledge and skills. They are cost-effective and help you to develop an effective plan right from outset. Our team of professionals conducts the training at your offices and facilities and will be on hand to coach your staff and review your Business Continuity Plan.
About CBRA ON-SITE SEMINAR
- A standard training room with sufficient seating, and desks. The preferred seating arrangement is in a classroom configuration. There is no requirement for computers or laptops.
- A screen for the projector. A white board or flip chart is also required.
- A backup projector is also recommended as projectors do fail from time to time.
On-Site CBRA SEMINAR DETAILS
The CBRA Seminar offers you:
- A comprehensive overview of the Business Continuity Audit including the Business Continuity Planning and Management processes.
- A step-by-step audit methodology based on industry` standards, guidelines, and best practices.
- A sample case study of a Business Continuity Audit.
- Business Continuity Audit take-home templates.
You will be equipped to:
- Conduct a Business Continuity Audit based on a well-founded audit framework.
- Review the organization’s Business Continuity Audit processes.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of a Business Continuity Audit.
- Formulate recommendations to strengthen a Business Continuity Audit.
- Avoid common auditing mistakes.
- Follow a structured approach to a Business Continuity Audit.
- Present and explain a Business Continuity Audit analysis to senior management.
- Determine the level of corporate compliance against the industry`s audit standards, rules, and regulations.
- Reduce risks, vulnerabilities, and operational losses in the event of a business disruption.
- Reduce insurance premiums through compliance.
- Improve client, partner, and supplier retention and relationships.
- Increase control over internal/external Business Continuity processes.
- Insure Business Continuity Program and Plan are reliable, effective, and on track.
- Purpose and scope of a BCP.
- Introduction to a Business Continuity Program.
- Business Continuity Program life cycle process.
- Business Continuity Program management overview.
- Need for a Business Continuity Audit.
- Compliance rules, regulations, and standards.
- Objectives of a Business Continuity Audit.
- Scope of a Business Continuity Audit.
- Types of Business Continuity Audits.
- Comparison of internal and external audits.
- Critical success factors.
- Audit issues and challenges.
- Audit methodology phases.
- Establishing an internal Business Continuity Audit.
- Comparison of active and passive audits.
- Business Continuity Auditor’s role and responsibilities.
- Business Continuity Audit related guidelines and standards (including Sarbanes-Oxley).
- Business Continuity Audit Budget.
- Business Continuity Audit Gap Analysis.
- Assessing Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery maturity levels.
- Customizing audit examination approach.
- Business Continuity Audit areas.
- Detailed audit activities for each area.
- Audit questionnaires and interviews.
- Business Continuity Audit tools and templates.
- Response analysis.
- Audit reporting guidelines.
- Sample Business Continuity Audit case study.
- Sample Business Continuity Audit case study exercises and questionnaires.
BUSINESS CONTINUITY AUDIT METHODOLOGY PHASES
This course will take you through a complete BC audit methodology consisting of the following phases:
Phase 1 - Audit Initiation
- Learn how to initiate a Business Continuity Audit, raise awareness, and gain commitment.
Phase 2 - Compliance Requirements
- Learn how to determine Business Continuity Audit objectives, scope, rules, regulations, and standards compliance requirements for an organization.
Phase 3 - Compliance Maturity Evaluation
- Learn how to determine current corporate compliance.
Phase 4 - Audit Customization
- Learn how to align a Business Continuity Audit to specific company requirements.
Phase 5 - Audit Planning Process
- Learn how to develop a Business Continuity Audit strategy and a project plan.
Phase 6 - Business Continuity Audit Plan Implementation
- Learn how to implement a project plan and collect data.
Phase 7 - Audit Data Synthesis and Analysis
- Learn how to synthesis, analyze, and consolidate Business Continuity Audit data.
Phase 8 - Compliance Gap Analysis
- Determine the level of corporate compliance against the industry`s audit standards, rules and regulations.
Phase 9 - Business Continuity Audit Review
- Learn how to review and revise findings.
Phase 10 - Business Continuity Audit Reporting
- Learn how to develop and present the Business Continuity Audit report.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS BUSINESS CONTINUITY AUDIT COURSE?
The following personnel are strongly recommended to attend a Business Continuity Audit:
- Business Continuity Coordinator
- Business Continuity Auditor / Compliance Auditor
- Information Security Auditor
- Financial Auditor
- Internal / external Business Continuity Auditor
- Risk Management professionals
- Business Continuity Professional / Consultant
- Senior Executive and Management
- Emergency / Disaster Recovery professionals
DO I NEED PRIOR BUSINESS CONTINUITY AUDIT KNOWLEDGE?
The Business Continuity Audit course is intended for anyone with or without prior audit knowledge or experience. The seminar is also designed for anyone who wants to learn Business Continuity Audit concepts, principles, and a step-by-step audit methodology. The course includes a sample case study of a Business Continuity Audit. Students learn about the known difficulties and challenges expected during a Business Continuity Audit.
08.30 Opening presentation
(including instructor' and attendee' introductions, handout of presentation binder and materials)
08.45 Presentation begins
(incl. three 10 minute breaks)
12.00 Lunch break
13.00 Afternoon presentation begins
15.00 Afternoon presentation resume
16.30 Seminar ends for Day 1
08.30 Morning presentation
(incl. three 10 minute breaks)
11.30 Final handouts of take home plan templates and materials
12.00 Lunch break
14.30 End of Seminar
"I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you and, in particular, Dr. Syed, for the impressive curriculums that were presented last week. I had the privilege of sitting Dr. Syed's seminar for the CBRM as well as the CBRA. In short, they were both well structured to present complex processes and concepts in a cohesive, concise and logical order. Moreover, the two curriculums will serve as the primary drivers for how I structure my internal Business Continuity/Resiliency models as well as my auditing techniques. The "takeaways" from both classes are superb in terms of ease of use and clarity of logic. Off note, the seminar setting offered an intellectual intimacy that fostered solid discussion and direct dialog on the complex topics presented. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and would most certainly recommend and encourage attendance to both seminars. Well Done!"
- J. Kunert // DKI Services
"On my initial contact with the BRCCI organization I asked a bunch of in depth questions about there Business Continuity educational program. The questions were answered, expeditiously, in detail, and with no pressure to hire their service. After comparing other organizations providing similar services, the BRCCI customer service division spoke for its self and the organization it represented. Their main goal seemed to be one of empowering the patrons interested in there educational based services. I signed up for the CBRM, and the CBRA certification classes through BRCCI because of this. The instructor not only covered the course material, but made it interesting and kept the students engaged by doing so. The instructor not only had a complete and thorough understanding of the material, but was able to introduce real world applications, events, and how the training would be applied under the numerous different scenarios presented to him by the students. BRCCI training gives you the tools to not only protect your company, and community, it gives you the tools that are applicable to protect and secure your family. BRCCI training strengthens your resume and employ ability I would recommend the services of BRCCI to anyone."
- P. Joel // CBRM, CBRA
"BRCCI's course is one of the most important training programs I have attended in my business career. The methodology was presented in a very organized and logical fashion, made understandable by the very experienced instructor. I would recommend this program to anyone wishing to learn the process of Business Continuity and Resilience, especially those whose primary function is to conduct such a program. Thank you also for the well written manual and text book."
- H. Iris // Director, New York University